A Brief History of the Jamestown Rotary Club
The Jamestown Rotary Club has its origins dating back to the early part of 1953, shortly before the end of the Korean War, with early members being veterans of the war. The club was originally sponsored by the High Point Rotary Club and has an excellent relationship with the High Point Club dating back to our beginnings.
The Jamestown Rotary Club now approaching its 68th year is rich in history with generation after generation of club members engaged in the challenges unique to their times. The Jamestown Rotary Club (JRC) has been active and successful over the years in lending its time and monetary donations to local community families and services in need.
Listed below are a few of the activities, events and projects performed and supported over the years by the JRC.
- Partners with the Meals on Wheels programs for home delivery to the Jamestown Community.
- Partners with support and funding to Feeding Lisa’s Kids with its home delivered groceries program.
- Sponsors and Host the Annual Jamestown Christmas Parade.
- Sponsors and Host the Annual Jamestown Rotary. Piedmonts Horseman’s Associations Equestrians Competition Event.
- Sponsors and Host the Annual Bow Stafford Memorial Golf Classic.
- Promotes the Bi-Annual Jamestown Red Cross Blood Drive
- Sponsors and support the local Rotaract Club held on campus at GTCC.
- Partners with the Jamestown YMCA for the Children’s Back to School Shopping Gala
- Active with collecting and donating Schools Supplies for local schools.
- Active with Jamestown ADOPT a STREET program for street cleaning and town beautification
The Jamestown Rotary Club is the local chapter for Rotary International. Our local mission is that of a civic organization. We serve to benefit and enhance the lives of the Jamestown community and its families.